Usually associated with washing in rivers and pooping in horrible public toilets, a campervan holiday doesn’t exactly scream luxury.
However, a holiday on the great open road should not be completely dismissed by those folks who fancy the finer things in life. With the right choice of vehicle, it really is possible to combine the freedom and flexibility of a road trip with the luxury of a four star apartment.
That’s why we’ve compiled this guide to the fanciest mobile homes the Aussie dollar can buy. Whether you’re buying or hiring, take a look and see what we mean – you might just be surprised!
In its third generation, the German Concorde Charisma just keeps getting better and better. With its sleek style and souped up gadgets, it’s like driving around in a trendy downtown Berlin apartment.
There’s enough space to sleep four, with twin beds at the back that can be bridged to make a double, and a massive glide-down double above the cab area.
Other facilities include an ensuite bathroom with shower, sink and toilet. Meanwhile, the fully equipped kitchen sports stainless steel hob and sink, plus a fridge/freezer, finished off with mineral worktops.
The skies really are the limit with this vehicle, with the top of the range model including space to park a Smart Car INSIDE the van for when you need to nip out on a brief excursion.
Paradise Inspiration Supreme
Being cramped up in a narrow van doesn’t sound that luxurious does it? Well, the Paradise Inspiration Supreme has the answer.
A 4.3m slide out section produces a spacious interior (pictured below) that rivals some studio apartments. There’s space for a fully equipped kitchen, lounge/diner, ensuite bathroom and full size queen bed.
It also features a good deal of kit, with plenty of USB ports for charging mobile tech, a 215L built-in Fridge and wall-mounted flatscreen TV. Some pricier models even have a built in Nespresso machine.
Finally, a superb 4WD driving experience makes this classy and spacious motorhome your one stop shop to living the life on the open road.
The Jayco Optimum is really one for those those that love the great outdoors. Coming with all the same modcons as the models featured above, what sets this model apart is the unfolding electric awning on the vehicle’s nearside.
With overhead LED lights, a slide-out BBQ, drop-down picnic table, external shower and an entertainment hatch with an extending arm for a TV – this campervan is fully decked out for luxurious outdoor living.
The interior pulls no punches either. On top of the usual gadgets and appliances, the spacious cab also includes a washing machine, microwave and electric grill.
Check out this video tour from Caravan World to see what else this beauty has to offer.
For those of you new to the motorhome scene, there are some important things to remember:
- Before buying, check whether your house’s deed or lease has a covenant preventing you from keeping a motorhome.
- Motorhomes can be very expensive – if you want the luxury, but not the price tag, searching for used motorhomes at dealerships can save you a ton of money.
- Try before you buy: we’re not just talking a test drive – you need to rent a vehicle as close to the one you want as possible for a short trip before committing.
- Make sure you license and insurance is set up for driving a motorhome, or you could be breaking the law AND losing money.
- Make sure you have a pair of polarised sunglasses for driving long distances in sunny and bright conditions. These will improve your vision and are particularly effective at reducing the effects of glare.
- Pack for the road – taking plenty of bedding, books, a rechargeable torch, battery packs and music – LOTS of music.
ESSENTIAL ITEMS YOU NEED IN YOUR MOTORHOME: CLICK PHOTO ↓
INSPIRED?! PIN THIS TO YOUR TRAVEL PINTEREST BOARDS ↓
If You Liked This Post You May Also Like:
Press Images provided for our use by: Featured header & Concorde Charisma courtesy of Concorde. Paradise Inspiration Supreme courtesy of Paradise Motorhomes. Jayco Optimum by Brett Goldsmith, courtesy of Jayco. Pinterest images provided by Concorde.