Are you trying to upload videos to your Facebook profile through the Facebook app on your phone?
Is the upload failing over and over again due to unknown errors?
If yes, follow this article to understand the causes of “unable to upload video on Facebook page” error and to walk through some quick and possible solutions for it.
Facebook App Won’t Allow Video Upload
Use These Solutions!
Facebook is the best platform for sharing photos and videos with our family, friends, and community. You can easily access your account from the website or smartphone app and upload any photo or video on your timeline.
But sometimes, users report that they are unable to upload video on Facebook page, and this can happen due to various reasons, such as incorrect privacy settings, unsupported file formats, or web browser troubles.
For these underlying reasons, users either can’t upload videos through the Facebook app or the upload gets stuck before completion.
In this article, a list of some easy methods to fix this error has been shared. But before we get to that, let’s first dive into the reasons behind why you can’t upload video to Facebook page.
What Causes the Error “Can’t Upload Video to Facebook Page”?
Weak internet connection
To upload any content on platforms like Facebook, you need fast and reliable internet speed.
If your internet connection is poor or unstable, you will not be able to upload your videos smoothly and might encounter this error.
Facebook servers are down
There could be issues in the Facebook servers or they may be experiencing downtime for a maintenance break, leading to this issue. Google ‘is Facebook down’ and it will let you know whether others are experiencing the same issue.
Incompatible or corrupted video file
The video file you’re trying to upload could be corrupted or not meeting the specifications (such as file size, resolution, file format, etc.) and guidelines allowed by Facebook.
Outdated version of the Facebook app
If you’re using an old version of the Facebook app, you may face several issues, including video not uploading.
Methods to Fix the Facebook Video Upload Issue
Verify if Your Video Meets Facebook Requirements
If you’re facing a video upload issue on Facebook, the first thing to check is whether your video meets the video upload specs and guidelines of Facebook.
Facebook has specified particular criteria and guidelines that every video should meet before being uploaded on the platform. For example, what is the maximum video length allowed or what the compatible file format is.
Once you have confirmed that your video matches the specified guidelines, convert your video to ensure it does and then try uploading again.
Check Your Internet Connection
The reason your video is not uploading to your Facebook timeline could be as simple as slow internet speed.
You may have no problem while surfing through your browser, but downloads and uploads work differently; they mostly need more bandwidth and speed.
If your internet speed tester is showing low connection speed, you need to address it before proceeding to the other solutions. If you’re using mobile data, you can reset your network by following these steps:
- Go to your device’s Settings.
- Tap on the System option (Android) or General option (iPhone).
- Then tap on the Advanced option (Android) or Transfer or Reset iPhone option (iPhone).
- Now open the Reset menu and tap on the Reset Network Settings option.
- At last, restart your device and try to upload your video on Facebook.
If you’re using a Wi-Fi connection, you should restart your router to fix the issue. If the speed is still low, you should contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) for a higher bandwidth plan.
Update or Reinstall Your Facebook App
If you haven’t updated your Facebook app for a long time, it may start misbehaving. The older versions may be no more compatible with your device and that’s why you may be facing performance issues.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to check and download any available updates for your Facebook application:
- Go to the Google Play Store application on your mobile phone or tablet.
- Tap on your avatar icon in the top-right corner to open the menu.
- Now tap on Manage Apps and Device option and then tap on Updates Available.
- If an update is available for Facebook, tap on the Update button.
- Once the new version is installed, open the Facebook app and try to upload your video.
- Open the App Store on your device.
- Tap on the Updates option to check any available update for Facebook.
- If the Facebook app requires an update, tap on the Update button to install it.
- After finishing the installation, try to upload your video on the Facebook app.
If updating your Facebook application didn’t solve the issue, then you should uninstall the app and install it again
Repair the Video File
If you have tried all the above listed methods and are still unable to upload your video to Facebook, the problem could be with your video file.
A broken or corrupted video file will be automatically blocked by the Facebook algorithm and the app won’t allow its upload. So as the first step, try repairing your video file by using video repair software, and then attempt re-uploading it.
You can try Stellar Repair for Video, one of the best tools to repair any corrupted video file. Follow these steps to fix your corrupted video file:
- Download, install and launch the software on your PC.
- On the software’s home-screen, click on the Add File option to import corrupted video.
- Once the corrupted file has been imported, the repair process will begin. It may take some time depending on your computer’s processing power and the size of the video.
- When the process finishes, the repaired files will be listed in a tree-view in the left-hand panel of the software interface. From this list, you can select any file and preview it in the right-hand panel by double-clicking on it.
If you’re satisfied with file preview, select the file and click on the Save Repaired Files button to save the repaired file to your desired storage location.
Now try uploading the video to Facebook, it should go through smoothly.
How’d You Go?
If you’re unable to upload video on Facebook page because the process didn’t start or it got stuck before completion, the fault could be at your end or Facebook’s.
This can be very annoying if your video file works perfectly fine on your device and your connection is stable. In such a scenario, use the above listed techniques to fix the underlying cause of the error and proceed with the upload.